- Hold off on posting that selfie until you return from your vacation. This includes sharing details on social media before and during your trip. Your friends and family will be just as envious of your trip if you post pics after you return home.
- Check the privacy and security settings of your social media accounts, and review who has access to your personal information. Even if you have set rigid privacy settings for your social media accounts, it's still possible for others to view what you post through the accounts of friends and followers.
- Review pictures you’ve previously posted on your profiles and remove any information someone might use to find your home address. Look carefully! Sometimes that information isn’t written on a document, but can be found in the background of photos.
- And avoid posting photos with geotagging as it can reveal your location in real time; turn off geolocation data on your phone.
- Review social media posting ground rules with young people traveling with you.
Start Your Trip!
Start your trip to
Let us help you plan your trip
Where do you want to go?
Save up to 40% on Hyatt's Brands of Luxury All-Inclusive Resort Vacations
Don't miss out on an all-inclusive vacation this year! Bo... more
The 'Road to Happiness' is Exactly the Path We Need to Travel Right Now
Staying at home has not just amplified our need to travel... more
Great Escapes at Great Heights at North America's Top Mountain Resorts - No Snow Required
You don't need to snow to discover these Four Seasons mou... more
One Week in India
From the honking horns of Delhi’s rickshaws, to the glist... more
Travel across wild India on this trailblazing 23-day adve... more
Real South India
Get deep into the heart of India on a 13-day exploration ... more
- 8 Facts About the Panama Canal
- 10 Amazing Facts about the Tasmanian Devil
- Top 6 Wellness and Fitness Cruises You Should be Booking Now
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Croatia
- Where's the Only Restaurant in Alaska by a Michelin Starred Chef?
- Discover Tropical Romance in 3 Overwater Bungalow Resorts on the Caribbean Sea