You might be on a cruise in the Caribbean before the holidays.
Cruising in the Americas – that’s the cruise region for the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America - could begin again in about a month’s time, if significant industry developments this week bear fruit.
Testing the Waters in Europe
2 Moves Closer to Cruising at Home
A Travel Industry First: 100% Testing
- Testing: 100% testing of passengers and crew for COVID-19 prior to embarkation.
- Distancing: Physical distancing in terminals, onboard ships, on private islands and during shore excursions.
- Masks: All passengers and all crew must wear masks when physical distancing isn’t possible.
- Ventilation: New strategies to increase fresh air onboard and implement enhanced filters and other technologies to reduce airborne virus spread.
- Shore Excursions: Passengers will have to follow prescribed protocols, and re-boarding will be denied for any passengers that do not follow the rules.
- Medical Capability: Every ship will allocate stateroom capacity to allow for isolation if people do get sick, and will have advance plans in place for shoreside quarantine, medical assistance and safe transportation.
“A pathway for the return of limited sailings from the U.S. before the end of this year.”
Start your trip to Caribbean
Let us help you plan your trip
For a Limited Time, Save Hundreds on a Luxury Train Journey in the U.S. Southwest
Only until April 11, Rocky Mountaineer is offering USD $5... more
Viking's Spring Sale: River and Ocean Cruise Savings Plus Up to Free Air
Until March 31, book select Viking river or ocean cruises... more
Two Offers from Ultra-Luxury Seabourn: 20% Off and $4000 Shipboard Credit or Canadian Rates at Par
Ultra-luxury Seabourn is offering U.S. and Canadian... more
Save up to 40% on Hyatt's Brands of Luxury All-Inclusive Resort Vacations
Don't miss out on an all-inclusive vacation this year! Bo... more
You Can Now Book the Hottest New River Cruises: on Colombia's Magdalena River
The first cruises on Colombia's Magdalena River by a majo... more
Cruise in British-Style Luxury and Save up to 30% on Cunard
Treat yourself to cruising in British luxury on Cunard an... more
- 8 Facts About the Panama Canal
- 10 Amazing Facts about the Tasmanian Devil
- Top 6 Wellness and Fitness Cruises You Should be Booking Now
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Croatia
- Where's the Only Restaurant in Alaska by a Michelin Starred Chef?
- Discover Tropical Romance in 3 Overwater Bungalow Resorts on the Caribbean Sea