You might be on a cruise in the Caribbean before the holidays.
Cruising in the Americas – that’s the cruise region for the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America - could begin again in about a month’s time, if significant industry developments this week bear fruit.
Testing the Waters in Europe
2 Moves Closer to Cruising at Home
A Travel Industry First: 100% Testing
- Testing: 100% testing of passengers and crew for COVID-19 prior to embarkation.
- Distancing: Physical distancing in terminals, onboard ships, on private islands and during shore excursions.
- Masks: All passengers and all crew must wear masks when physical distancing isn’t possible.
- Ventilation: New strategies to increase fresh air onboard and implement enhanced filters and other technologies to reduce airborne virus spread.
- Shore Excursions: Passengers will have to follow prescribed protocols, and re-boarding will be denied for any passengers that do not follow the rules.
- Medical Capability: Every ship will allocate stateroom capacity to allow for isolation if people do get sick, and will have advance plans in place for shoreside quarantine, medical assistance and safe transportation.
“A pathway for the return of limited sailings from the U.S. before the end of this year.”
Start your trip to Caribbean
Let us help you plan your trip
G Adventures Doubles Down on Physical Distancing with NEW 'Travel with Confidence PLUS Collection' of Tours
Many travel companies are implementing new health and saf... more
Staying at home has not just amplified our need to travel... more
You don't need to snow to discover these Four Seasons mou... more
Cruising the Seine, plus Paris & London with Churchill’s Granddaughter on a Tauck Luxury River Cruise
Fascinated by WW2 history? This luxury Tauck river c... more
The world’s largest adventure company has added over 100 ... more
Experience the best of land and sea in 2021 with Windstar... more
- 10 Amazing Facts about the Tasmanian Devil
- 8 Facts About the Panama Canal
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Croatia
- Travel Companies Offering Free Vacations to Frontline Workers - and How You Can Get Involved
- Discover Tropical Romance in 3 Overwater Bungalow Resorts on the Caribbean Sea
- Top 6 Wellness and Fitness Cruises You Should be Booking Now