- 8-day, 4-country itinerary highlights include
- a three-night rail journey aboard the Golden Eagle Danube Express train, bookended by
- 2-night hotel stay in Vienna and
- 2-night hotel stay in Milan.
ITINERARY FEATURES (Westbound):
- 2 nights at the Hotel Bristol in Vienna, where you’ll enjoy city sightseeing including visits to Belvedere Palace, the Hofburg and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. A private, after-hours tour of Schönbrunn Palace is on-tap for that evening, followed by dinner inside the palace at the Café Residenz.
- The following day, sip sparkling wine while attending a private concert in a historic Viennese venue, then
- Board the Golden Eagle Danube Express for the first of three overnights on the train.
- Travel west toward Austria’s Semmering Pass,
- Pass through incredible mountain landscapes before arriving at the Tyrolean village of Jenbach; board a local steam-powered train for an excursion to scenic Lake Achen.
- After a boat cruise on the lake, reboard the Danube Express and continue on to Innsbruck where a walking tour of the city’s historic district awaits.
- The next day, the Danube Express traverses Austria’s picturesque Vorarlberg province, crosses into Liechtenstein, and continues on to Zurich.
- Explore the city’s old town on a walking tour and visit the Kunsthaus Museum of Art.
- After a final overnight on the train, and after crossing the rugged Gotthard Pass into Italy, arrive in the beautiful lakeside town of Como.
- In Como, enjoy a walking tour and an organ concert in the city’s 14th-century marble cathedral, before reboarding the Danube Express, traveling to Milan, and disembarking a final time.
- 2-night stay in Milan at the Excelsior Hotel Gallia.
- Visit the Duomo and a 19th-century shopping arcade, the Galleria Vittorio Emmanuelle II, during a walking tour, and have time to explore the city’s bohemian Brera District on your own.
- Visit a cascina, or working farm, outside of the city; learn about sustainable farming and participate in a hands-on cooking lesson highlighting authentic regional cuisine.
- After a farewell reception in the hotel, travel to a nearby restaurant for their farewell dinner with local entertainment.
LIFE ABOARD THE DANUBE EXPRESS with TAUCK
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
CONTACT US FOR DATES, ITINERARY DETAILS AND PACKAGE PRICING
OF THIS UNIQUE LUXURY TAUCK RAIL JOURNEY IN EUROPE IN 2020!
Like this tour?
Very HelpfulBy Rocky R trip to Anywhere
Did a great a job Kyle was able to Book my vacation exactly what I was Looking for and was very helpful
Six Exclusive 2020 Tauck Departures Featuring the Luxury ... more
Legendary filmmaker Ken Burns’ “Country Music” on PBS has... more