Adventures by Disney is returning to three of Europe's most iconic rivers for the 2024 travel season, bringing Disney’s signature storytelling, Disney-trained guides and European landscapes and culture to family travel.
In 2024, Adventures by Disney will operate 22 itineraries on the Rhine River and Seine Rivers in France, as well as on the Danube.
Returning favorites join the 2024 lineup, including the seasonal Oktoberfest and Christmas Markets river cruises — and popular Food and Wine sailings feature delectable meals, desserts and beverages local to the region.
ASK US TO HELP YOU PLAN THE ULTIMATE FAMILY TRIP TO EUROPE IN 2024!
River Cruising with Disney: Sight-Seeing from the River and Up-Close on Land
Guests become part of the story on an Adventures by Disney river cruise, and itineraries are designed for everyone in the family. Local culture and history is brought to life by the Adventure Guides in true Disney fashion and experiences that include:
- Dashing through the Black Forest on an Alpine toboggan ride (Rhine River Cruise).
- Admiring the Notre-Dame Cathedral and imagining life nearly 900 years ago when its construction first began (Seine River Cruise).
- Exploring the historic Schonbrunn Palace and its immaculate terrace garden named The Orangery (Danube River Cruise).
- Dreaming of ballrooms and glass slippers while marveling at picturesque castles along the Rhine Gorge (Rhine River Cruise).
- Gazing at the nighttime skyline view of the Eiffel Tower in the City of Light (Seine River Cruise).
- Twirling on a hilltop and visiting the beautiful Mirabell Gardens (Danube River Cruise).
- Honoring history by visiting the Normandy beaches, including Omaha Beach, the American cemetery and Les Braves Memorial (Seine River Cruise).
Not only will the sights from aboard the ship or walks through towns and villages take center stage, scenery is also explored up-close through optional bicycle excursions. Pedaling through the provincial towns in France, touring the quaint town of Rudesheim, Germany and surrounding wine country, or biking to the Klosterneuburg Abbey or along the Danube River in Vienna further enhances the travel experience for the whole family.
River Cruising with Disney: A Taste of the Destination
On every adventure, guests of all ages are invited to tap into all their senses, including taking part in hands-on culinary activities for a true flavor of the destination.
In Vienna, Austria, a traditional apple strudel tasting transforms into a cooking demonstration and baking lesson. At the Chocolate Museum in Cologne, Germany, chocolate sampling becomes a create-your-own chocolate bar activity. In Strasbourg, France, macaron cookie ingredients magically transform into fine delicacies as guests become baking experts.
River Cruising with Disney: Unpack Once and Explore Europe Hassle-free
With Adventures by Disney, guests sail on elegant ships offering stunning views and world-class service, all in collaboration with AmaWaterways.
Imagine how easy family travel becomes when your "hotel" travels with you, and you unpack only once. Staterooms have expansive windows for optimal scenic viewing, and internet access and in-room entertainment are available for families to enjoy. Most meals are provided, as locally sourced cuisine and wine are served onboard.
New in 2024: New Magical Holidays-Themed Departure
Celebrate the holidays with your family in Europe! In late December 2024, Adventures by Disney invite guests to ring in the new year on the "Danube River Cruise: Magical Holidays" departure.
Guests will board the ship in Munich and be greeted with an authentic German welcome, including oompah music. The ship will transport guests to Austria where they will enjoy privately guided tours in Mondsee with views of the Austrian Alps, a visit to the Benedictine Abbey in Melk, and more.
Following the Christmas holiday, the city of Schonbrunn will transform its traditional Christmas market into a special New Year's market where guests will experience the beauty and splendor of a European winter. The voyage continues with onboard and in-town activities, plus ice skating in Vienna before sailing to Hungary for enriching tours, carriage rides and making and eating goulash. Throughout the trip, special Disney magical moments make this holiday trip one to remember.
Terms & Conditions apply; ask us for full details, itineraries, dates, and pricing.
Image courtesy of Adventures by Disney
Like this tour?
Very HelpfulBy Rocky R trip to Anywhere
Did a great a job Kyle was able to Book my vacation exactly what I was Looking for and was very helpful
Adventures by Disney: Family River Cruising Returns to Europe in 2024
Adventures by Disney is returning to three of Europe'... more
- 8 Facts About the Panama Canal
- 10 Amazing Facts about the Tasmanian Devil
- Top 6 Wellness and Fitness Cruises You Should be Booking Now
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Croatia
- Where's the Only Restaurant in Alaska by a Michelin Starred Chef?
- Discover Tropical Romance in 3 Overwater Bungalow Resorts on the Caribbean Sea