If you love your wine, don't miss the opportunity to spend time with legendary vintners on select Norwegian Cruise Line sailings.
Enriching onboard experiences with famed winemakers and industry experts including Michael Mondavi and design/ wine celebrity Salvatore Ferragamo (of Ferragamo fashion house fame).
Winemaker Cruises are an expansion of Norwegian's Winemaker Dinner series and offer more wine enthusiasts on board to get up close and personal with renowned experts
For all guests on board these select sailings, at no extra charge:
- Open Forum: Q&A session in the Atrium gives guests the opportunity to get personal insights and experiences of the winemakers.
- Purchase Featured Wines: after the open forum, guests can purchase wines selected by the winemakers and varietals from the ship's wine list
- Meet & Greet and Bottle Signing: guests can personally meet the expert and have him sign their purchased bottle for a beautiful memento of their winemaker cruise.
For an additional fee, guests can participate in more one-on-one wine-themed experiences with the vintners. Seating is limited and reservations will be taken only on board the sailing for:
Wine Tastings, $19.95 USD per person:
- An interactive, hands-on wine tasting and education seminar
- Hosted by the featured vintner in The Cellars, A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar on the ship
- And featuring wines hand-picked by the expert and brought on board for the seminar.
- The featured vintner takes guests on a tour of the winemaking world, elements of wine tasting, and specifics of their expertise.
Wine Dinners, $59.95 USD per person:
- Unforgettable culinary experience with 5 decadent courses paired with specifically-chosen wines for each course.
- Hosted by the vintner/ wine industry expert
2017/18 Meet The Winemaker Cruises:
On The Norwegian Dawn sailing from Boston
The Norwegian Escape sailing from Miami
· September 22, 2017: Michael Mondavi, founder of the Michael Mondavi Family Estate, co-founder of Folio Fine Wine Partners and co-founder of The Cellars - A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar, found on Norwegian.
· November 4, 2017: Bill Whiting, Director of Wine Education at Banfi Vintners. As the grandson of John F. Mariani Sr., founder of Banfi Vintners, Whiting carries on the tradition of the award-winning Castello Banfi estate, founded in 1919 in the Brunello region of Tuscany.
· December 2, 2017: Aarón Sánchez. Famed TV Chef and James Beard award winner, Aarón Sánchez is the official ambassador and spokesperson for Terrazas de los Andes wines and is considered one of the world’s leading contemporary Latin chefs.
· February 17, 2018: Gerard Bertrand, renowned vintner of Languedoc-Roussillon. Bertrand, a legendary expert in the French winemaking industry, boasts 20 years of experience and a breadth of awards and accolades.
· March 2018: Salvatore Ferragamo, heir of famed Italian fashion house and owner at Il Borro Winery in Tuscany, Italy. Salvatore, whose father Ferruccio, bought the beautiful Il Borro Esatate in 1993, has replanted the family's vineyard and has been releasing delicious Tuscan wines since 1999.
Like this tour?
He made everything so simple and uncomplicatedBy Kaylea H trip to Anywhere
Kyle planned our honeymoon to Italy in May of 2016. We flew into Venice, took a train to Florence then another train to the Amalfi coast, all over the course...